Our San Marcos car accident lawyer at Injury Trial Lawyers has been helping drivers file personal injury claims and getting the compensation they deserve to cover their medical expenses and lost wages from car accidents.
The California Office of Traffic Safety has kept detailed records of crash statistics for every city in every county in the state. For the city of San Marcos the following information is what they have provided publicly for the year 2017:
- There were 300 total fatalities or injuries due to car crashes
- San Marcos is particularly dangerous for motorcyclists compared to other cities in California and had a higher total of victims of injuries or fatalities
- The majority of car crashes in San Marcos were due to speed
- 22 pedestrians were killed or injured
- 36 people were victims of car crashes involving alcohol
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s very common to have questions about car accidents. Here are some frequently asked questions.
What is the statute of limitations on a California car accident?
Generally, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. If a government entity is involved, however — for instance, the car is driven by a city employee — you have six months to notify that entity and a year after their refusal to file suit. Speak to your car accident attorney about statutes of limitation as early as possible.
What are good tips to stay safe when going on road trips?
Be sure that you’re prepared to drive in the weather conditions wherever you go if you’re not used to them. Before going on vacation it might be a good idea to check the laws in that state just to be sure that you are not unintentionally disobeying any laws by using radars or distracting items on your dashboard. You do not want to give the police any reason to add charges to you if you are involved in a car accident.
Why You Need The Best San Marcos Car Accident Lawyer?
There are several reasons why hiring a car accident attorney will be beneficial to you. Remember that the claims adjusters and attorneys at insurance companies are determined to save the company money by not paying out all that victims of accidents deserve. One of the ways they can do this is by calling victims and speaking to them over the phone, then using that conversation against them in court. The average person may not realize this or think that they are obligated to speak to the insurance companies. We at Injury Trial Lawyers don’t suggest speaking to the insurance company without our San Marcos car accident lawyer present. Lastly, we will ensure that you are seeking all of the damages available to you. We work hard for our clients to get the maximum value of their compensation.
What To Do After A Car Accident
It’s important to note that most states have laws regarding driving away from an accident, even if it was minor. Whenever you are driving in California or any other state it’s important to know these things. If you leave the site of an accident without exchanging information with the other person involved will face criminal consequences. Additionally, many states work together to pull up prior driving offenses in other states, particularly driving under the influence of DUI.
- Pullover if you can to get out of harm’s way and not block traffic
- Check on yourself, your other passengers, and the people in the other vehicle.
- Call 911 and let the dispatcher know how many people have been injured.
- Exchange the following information with the other driver: name address, phone number, email address, car insurance, and policy number. If there are any witnesses or passengers that were affected then get at least their name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Wait by your car until the police show up, and do not talk with the other driver or get in an argument with them.
- Accept medical help. Most people worry about the medical bills they will incur if they do not win a personal injury suit later on, but if you don’t accept medical help immediately then you risk that being brought up in court. Let the Injury Trial Lawyers in San Marcos fight for you.