If you or someone you know has been injured in a Pacific Beach accident you should contact an experienced Pacific Beach personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The steps you take following an accident will affect your ability to maximize the compensation you may be owed by liable parties.
The skilled legal team at Injury Trial Lawyers, APC knows that the times following an accident can be stressful. This stressful time should not be worsened by the added costs of up-front legal fees. We offer their legal services on a contingency fee basis to ensure that clients have the opportunity to maximize awards of compensation. Working on a contingency fee basis means that we do not get paid unless and until we win. We handle the efforts to recover compensation on your behalf while you focus on recovering from your injury. Contact us to learn more about how we may be able to help you after your accident.
Pacific Beach is a wonderful place to live and visit, but the congested roads, beaches, parks, and entertainment centers can pose a significant threat to personal safety. If another person fails to exercise a reasonable level of care an accident can happen at any time. Regardless of whether your injury is the result of a slip and fall at a Pacific Beach pub or if you are struck by a car at the notoriously dangerous intersection of Mission Boulevard and Garnet Ave, our attorneys are here to help.
Since opening our doors in 2004, our accident attorneys have helped thousands of injured clients recover millions in damages from at-fault parties. We are skilled negotiators and will do our best to recover settlements for our clients swiftly. If, however, insurance companies are unwilling to offer fair and reasonable settlements, we are not afraid to take your case to court.
Our Practice Areas
Our award-winning trial attorneys thrive in the courtroom and will not rest until your needs are met. We have successfully represented clients who have injuries caused by:
- Boating accidents
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Wrongful death
- Toxic exposure
- Elder abuse, and
Why Should I Pursue Compensation After an Accident?
Pursuing compensation through a personal injury claim for damages may overwhelming. This may be especially true if you or a loved one was severely injured in a Pacific Beach accident. You may want to dedicate all of your energy to getting better and moving on with your life, rather than fighting with the at-fault party and/or their insurance company for compensation.
We have seen the tremendous impact an award of damages can have on an injured accident victim. When accident victims are on the fence about filing a claim – and whether the fight is worthwhile – we offer a few reasons why we think it is important to do so.
- Accidents are expensive.
- Did you know that the average cost of a bodily injury claim following a car accident in 2013 was more than $15,000? Again, that was the average cost. Accident victims who suffer severe and/or debilitating injuries can generate claims for hundreds of thousands of dollars. This does not even take into account the cost of repairing property that may be damaged in an accident. In 2013, the average claim for property damage was approximately $3,000.
- You may miss time at work.
- It is important to consider the effect time away from work may have on your ability to pay for extraordinary medical bills. If you are forced to take time off because of your injury, your income may be limited. The income you do have may not be sufficient to cover normal, daily expenses such as food, rent, or utilities and costs associated with your accident. A personal injury claim allows you to seek compensation for lost earnings – both past and future.
- Americans have little in savings.
- If you rack up significant medical bills (and are maybe also forced to miss work) it may be difficult to find the money necessary to pay them. The average American does not have enough in savings to take care of an unexpected $500 emergency. Costs associated with an accident are likely to be significantly greater than $500. A personal injury claim for damages can help to cover the cost(s) associated with the accident.
If you have been injured in an accident in Pacific Beach we highly encourage you to take advantage of a free, no-commitment consultation with one of our attorneys. We have helped thousands of injured clients like you recover millions in damages, and are ready to help you take the next step. When we meet we will explain your rights and offer advice about what we believe to be the best course of action.
What Will My Attorney Do To Recover Compensation?
When you call us to schedule your free, no-commitment consultation we will begin the initial stages of preparing your case. Here is a brief overview of what you can expect from the experienced Pacific Beach personal injury attorneys at Injury Trial Lawyers.
- Initial Consultation. During this first visit, we will review your case, ask questions, and determine potentially liable parties. We want you to be comfortable with the process, so we encourage you to ask questions. The more you trust the attorney you choose to represent you, the more likely your case is to succeed.
- Investigation. If you choose to hire us we will begin to thoroughly investigate the accident that caused your injuries. This may include reviewing a police report, interviewing witnesses, consulting experts, analyzing medical evaluations, and researching relevant legal issues. Information is power. The more of it we have to work with, the stronger our argument will be.
- Negotiation. Most personal injury claims are settled out of court. We will meet with the opposing party to negotiate a settlement using the information we gather during our investigation and preparation. We will do our best to negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement to compensate you for your injuries.
- Evaluation of Offer(s). We will review any offers received by the at-fault party and/or their insurance company. Under no circumstances will we accept a lowball offer. We will explain the offer(s) to you and advise you about whether or not we believe it is a good deal.
- Litigation (If Necessary). If you choose to reject a settlement offer, or if an insurance company refuses to take responsibility, we are not afraid to take your case to court. We are experienced and award-winning litigators who thrive in the courtroom. Insurance companies and adverse parties know this, so they will often do everything they can to settle.
Experienced Pacific Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in a Pacific Beach accident you should not hesitate to contact a personal injury attorney. California generally only allows injured accident victims to file a claim for damages for two years after an accident. Failure to file a claim in that timeframe could prevent you from recovering the compensation you really need to get better and pay for extraordinary accident-related costs.
We understand that the time following an accident can be stressful and strive to offer legal representation that allows you to focus on your recovery. Let us handle the personal injury claim while you work on getting back to your normal day-to-day life. We get paid nothing unless and until we win.