June 14, 2014
Common Places for a Slip and Fall Accident in San Diego
One of the most common types of personal injury accidents is a “slip and fall” accident. Though many slip and fall accidents cause only minor injuries, some can cause serious, even life-threatening injuries to the victim. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident due to someone’s negligence, speak with a qualified San Diego personal injury attorney at Injury Trial Lawyers today.
Frequently, a victim does not even realize that he or she has been the victim of a compensable personal injury accident. Therefore, it is important to recognize some of the common places where slip and fall accidents occur.
- Grocery stores/retail stores – liquid spills are often not cleaned up in a timely manner, leading to a slip. Boxes and merchandise may be left in the aisles or stored on high shelves and fall, causing a customer to trip and fall.
- Pools – both public and private pools are the perfect place for a slip and fall accident since the area around the pool is typically covered in water.
- Sidewalks – sidewalks can be a slip and fall hazard because they are covered with ice in the winter or because they are full of cracks that cause a victim to trip and fall.
- Escalators/Elevators – both escalators and elevators can be difficult to get into or on under the best of circumstances. If a mechanical malfunction causes the escalator to move slower or faster, or causes the elevator to fail to stop exactly level with the floor, a victim can easily trip and fall.
- Parking lots – parking lots can be full of debris or spills that can be a hazard to anyone walking through them. In addition, the winter months can bring ice and snow, increasing the risk of a slip and fall.
- Restaurants/bars – anywhere food is served poses a slip and fall hazard. When alcohol is also served, the risk of a fall is magnified.
- Stairs – loose handrails, worn carpeting, or unsecured runners can cause a slip and fall accident on stairs.
A slip and fall accident can happen anywhere, to anyone. If you have been injured in what you believe to be a slip and fall accident in San Diego, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, including compensation for the pain and suffering the accident has caused you. If you are unsure whether or not your injuries form the basis for a slip and fall lawsuit, consult with an experienced San Diego slip and fall accident attorney as soon as possible. Although the law provides a recourse for victims of a slip and fall accident, the law also limits the time a victim has to pursue compensation.
Injury Trial Lawyers, APC
1230 Columbia Street #560
San Diego, CA 92101